Thursday, September 29, 2011

Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!!

Over the weekend, we stumbled over a lovely surprise during our visit to the farmer's market in Steveston. Luckily Bailey was with us that day to say hello to the cows, goats, geese, swans, ducks and chickens!
When we approached the fence, we were immediately greeted by the two cows and one of the goats. I believe they were trying to entice Bailey to come closer as the cows followed her wherever she went and kept stomping their hooves on the ground (maybe I'm reading their behaviour signal wrong?). The goat on the other hand, climbed onto the fence to take a better sniff of Bailey which kind of spooked her out a bit. As soon as the farm animals grew bored of their visitor, that's when Bailey became interested in them (did I mention she's a bit socially awkward??).
I have to say, those ducks were very courageous! Some of them came as close as two feet from us to get a better look at the weird looking fluffy tri-coloured animal with the human.

No comments: